We are taking extra precautions to keep our practices and communities safe. It’s our Safe Dental Care commitment, and you’ll find it through out your visit with us.
We’ve gathered useful information to empower you to take control of your dental health needs. Read through our FAQ for answers to your questions about visiting the dentist. Please feel free to email or give us a call if you require more information. Ph: 816-444-2483 Email: Admin@SmilePalace.com
COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to go to the dentist?
Due to COVID-19, there are additional safety precautions in place through out our office. These have been recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the American Dental Association®️.
- Our dentists and assistants wear masks and additional PPE when seeing patients, so a dental procedure can be perfectly safe for you.
- Staff will also take many extra precautions, including having health screenings and daily temperature checks, and being required to change from their street clothes and shoes to scrubs (or vice versa) before entering or exiting the practice.
- Everyone entering our Dental office will be screened for fever and asked about COVID-19 symptoms and recent travel. Patients exhibiting symptoms will not be seen and will be rescheduled for later in month.
- You will be able to wait in your car for your appointment once you check in via text/phone call. This helps us prevent crowding in the waiting areas.
How are we as Dental Practice responding to the outbreak of COVID-19?
The health of our patients, employees and community is of utmost importance.
- Our Dental providers have access to the latest guidelines as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Dental Association (ADA).
- Employees are trained in the use of personal protective equipment and have been supplied sufficient personal protective equipment to safely see patents.
- We are offering virtual visits to high risk patients. Our clinical staff is now seeing patients for both emergency and elective procedures, and we are maintaining strict safety and hygiene protocols.
- Exam rooms and procedure areas are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between each patient visit.
- To help protect yourself and your family hand sanitizer are provided upon entering the building.
Do I have to wear a mask to the dentist?
Wearing a mask or face shield is currently required in the state of Missouri, so patients should wear a mask when visiting our office. Even when masks are not required by state officials, we highly recommend that all patients and visitors wear masks to our dental offices as a courtesy to our staff and others in the building. We are unable to provide our surgical masks to patients, so we ask that you bring your own. We will provide you with protective eyewear (glasses or sunglasses) to wear during the procedure.
Can I bring a companion with me to the appointment?
We encourage patients to come alone to their dental appointments. In the cases where this may have negative health impacts for the patient, some exceptions may be made.
- Pediatric patients – If under the age of 18, patient is limited to one companion 18 or older.
- Patients requiring transportation home – The companion may be asked to wait in their vehicle, depending on the office size and capacity.
- Patients with disabilities – are limited to one companion that is 18 or older.
All patients and visitors will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 or flu, including a temperature check. Visitors indicating or showing signs of illness during this screening process will not be allowed to accompany the patient in the office.
Is there a virtual consultation option?
We are now offering Virtual Consultation to our patients. Virtual consultations provide a safe, easy and fast method for getting started with the dental care you need.
- Use the virtual consultation to get a second opinion.
- Benefit from the flexibility of receiving a professional dental assessment anytime, anywhere.
- Avoid the emergency room for dental pain. Our doctor will tell you what your treatment options are!
Should I cancel my upcoming appointment?
No, there is no need to cancel or reschedule your next appointment, unless you are feeling sick. We are doing our part to deliver you the safest level of care. Under the guidance from the American Dental Association and Centers for Disease Control and prevention, we have your well-being covered.
When should I schedule my next appointment?
It is critical that you maintain your oral health, especially in current times. Delay in maintaining oral health can cause painful Dental emergencies. Always be sure to see a dentist immediately if you are experiencing any type of pain, swelling, bleeding or trauma to the mouth. For dental service needs that require non-emergency procedures, our dentists can see you immediately to recommend the best treatment options and alternatives.
How should I schedule my appointment?
- When you call to schedule an appointment, we’ll ask you questions about your health and any symptoms you may be experiencing.
- You will be reminded to wear a face covering or mask to your appointment.
- We will also screen you for COVID symptoms when we call to confirm your appointment and upon arriving at the office. We thank you for your cooperation with our safety protocols.
Can I walk in without an appointment?
We always welcome Same Day Appointments and walk-in patients, and we continue to do so. We will perform our screening before we see you. It is highly recommended, however, that you call ahead of time and book an appointment. This allows our offices to screen all patients for COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms prior to their appointments, and it helps us control the flow of visitors at our office.
Will you see me if it is not a dental emergency?
We are seeing patients for emergency and elective procedures. It is important that you visit the dentist and maintain your oral health so your condition does not worsen over time. You can call us for more information on the services available and schedule an appointment as well.
Are We accepting new patients?
Yes, we are currently scheduling new and return patients. We realize many dental providers have temporarily closed or are slowly reopening, and this leaves many individuals with limited dental care options. We are offering weekend and evening appointments to accommodate your life priorities.